Guide to official FCA Toolbox
You can update the map in your navigation system with the help of the FCA Toolbox. It is a free-of-charge application that allows you to purchase, download, and install map updates on your navigation.
Guide to official FCA Toolbox
You can update the map in your navigation system with the help of the FCA Toolbox. It is a free-of-charge application that allows you download and install map updates to your navigation.
To do this, you will need:
- an empty FAT32 formatted USB flash drive (recommended free size at least 32GB)
- broadband internet connection,
one of the supported operating systems, installed on your computer:
- Windows 7 or later,
- macOS (latest and two earlier versions supported).
In case of map update for the first time with FCA toolbox, it may be necessary to update the software of the radio/headunit.
The software update can be performed at the authorized dealership.
Synchronize the usb flash drive with the navigation system
- Insert a USB flash drive into Navigation system and turn on the head unit or turn the ignition
Follow the next steps:
Press the Navigation icon > Navigation Settings > Map Update > Download System Information to USB
- This will synchronize the system’s navigation data with the USB flash drive
- Remove the USB flash drive from the head unit after the System Information Download Complete screen appears
Install FCA Toolbox
- Visit jeep.welcome.naviextras.com and download the FCA Toolbox. After installation start the application.
- Insert the USB flash drive which contains the saved data of your navigation device.
- The FCA Toolbox will automatically recognize the navigation data.
Log in with your email address and password using your FCA account.
If you forgot your password, go to myuconnect.jeep.com and reset it.
Download map updates
- After logging-in, you are directed to the Available Updates screen.
Click on Install to download and install the available content(s).
The progress bars show the Download and Installation progress.
Wait until the process finishes, a message with successful installation appears.
If you click Cancel, you can still download the free update later from Available updates on the HOME screen.
- If the Available updates button is not available, then you have either already downloaded and installed the update, or you are not eligible for included update.
Upload the latest map update to your navigation system
After downloading and installing the latest map to the USB flash drive:
Insert the USB flash drive into the appropriate slot in your Navigation system and turn on the head unit.
Your navigation device will automatically recognize that there is a new update on the USB flash drive and a message 'Do you want to update?' will pop-up.
- Click on YES if you want to install the update now.
- This will synchronize the data on the USB flash drive with the navigation system.
- Wait until the update process is running. Remove the USB flash drive from the head unit when the update process has completed.